Historical Partners

MCEC Partners in Ministry
Denominational
Education & Formation
Camps
Education & Formation
Schools
Financial/Stewardship
Historical
Publication
Resourcing
Service Ministry

Historical Partners



Detweiler Meetinghouse
The historic Detweiler Meetinghouse, built in 1855 one kilometer straight west of Roseville, is the only surviving stone meetinghouse built by Mennonite pioneers in Ontario. Initially the congregation met in homes for worship; about 1830 a log building was erected at this location.

The last service was held in the present building in early 1966. In 1992 a board was put in place to restore and preserve the meetinghouse as it appeared in the second half of the 19th century. MCEC appoints three members of the board.

The Detweiler Meetinghouse is a setting for events like weddings, tours, family reunions, society meetings, anniversary celebrations, and musical events such as its annual “hymnsings” from the Life Songs and Harmonia Sacra.

3445 Roseville Rd.
Ayr, ON
Email: deroeder46@gmail.com
Web: www.detweilermeetinghouse.ca

Contact

Doug Roeder



Mennonite Archives of Ontario

Throughout our lives, we create evidence of our experiences in various forms. While we may need that photograph, diary or set of minutes now, what happens when they've outgrown their original purpose? The archives works with institutions, congregations, families and individuals to collect these records and give them new life and new purpose in the archives.

Mennonite Archives of Ontario
Conrad Grebel University College
140 Westmount Road North
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G6

Phone: 519-885-0220 x24238
Email: marchive@uwaterloo.ca
Web: www.uwaterloo.ca/mennonite-archives-ontario/

Laureen Harder-Gissing, ArchivistArchivist

Laureen Harder-Gissing