is your opportunity to participate in a two-year spiritual journey that will impact you, your congregation, and your community
encourages us to question our assumptions about discipleship, challenging us to reconsider how we engage each other, our friends, our family, our community, and our world with the gospel story.
|ReLearning Community is:
- A different idea about what it means to be "church" in changing times;
- A challenge to be more intentional about leading and being lead;
- A shift in congregational culture emphasizing the making and sending of disciples;
- A call to recognize how God is present in our lives and discern what we're to do about it;
- A way to engage in transformative, life-on-life interactions inside and outside the church;
- A desire for deep, supportive, accountable relationships that invite us to live life together;
- Intentionally making disciples by building relationships UP (with God), IN (with each other), and OUT (with the world).
Based on the teaching of Catalyse Change, the initial two-year ReLearning Community engagement invites leaders and congregations to shift focus from institutions to people, following the example of Jesus. Jesus intentionally made disciples and invited those disciples to do the same.
ReLearning Community is not about making disciples by building the institutional church through:
- out-of-the-box programs designed to repackage your church or its activities;
- marketing programs designed to attract more people to your church;
- outreach programs designed to do good things in the community;
- leadership programs designed to make existing leadership structures better.
For more information about ReLearning Community, please contact Norm Dyck.